Thanksgiving 2012

Monday, November 26, 2012
I took several pictures over the Thanksgiving break, but in a weird quirk of Fate, all the photos of people and animals look terrible, while the food ones came out pretty good. That seems pretty fitting. In any case, here are some of the delectables enjoyed this past weekend.



In the kitchen with Limecrete, part I: The pecan pie I made for Thanksgiving dinner.



In the kitchen with Limecrete, part II: The pumpkin pie I made for a Friday evening party.



In the kitchen with Limecrete, part III: The triple-chip cookies (chocolate, white chocolate, and butterscotch) I made for an impromptu Friday afternoon party.



The turkey! My mom made a glaze of butter and currant jelly, which was delicious.



Corn cake. An experimental recipe, which turned out looking lovely. I think I prefer the traditional corn casserole, though.



Mixed sweet potatoes at the Friday afternoon party. These put out an unearthly scent. I mean that in a good way.



Various potluck offerings at the Friday evening party. That spinach cornbread on the bottom was remarkably good.

Naturally, there were other food offerings, from the marshmallow sweet potatoes to stuffing to bacon-wrapped dates. Thanksgiving is the best eating holiday of the year, and 2012 lived up to the challenge admirably.

0 comments: